Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Goodbye Philadelphia

Our last weekend in Philadelphia was a whirlwind. Friday was Baz's last day of school in Ms. Mullins's first grade class.






Saturday was the yard sale. Here's a picture of the living room as we were preparing for the yard sale!

My Mom and Cindy were there to help - Mom came Thursday night, and Cindy came for a sleepover on Friday! It felt like it should have been more of a party, but instead we were up till midnight schlepping, labeling, and sorting - then up again around 6:30am for more of the same. It was an exhausting day, emptying out the contents of the house, negotiating sales prices with buyers, and trying to avoid sunburn, unsuccessfully. My arm muscles served me well, hauling couches and bed frames around all day. At the end of the afternoon, I went up to Baz's room just to "organize things a little" and fell into a deep sleep on the floor in a pile of Legos.

Sunday was a recovery day, and then on Monday Greg was home for the final rush. He focused on big house projects - fixing the fence and the porch, clearing out the basement, getting a new dehumidifier - and I was mostly running around, doing last errands and goodbyes. Then, in the evening, there was a party at the circus school!


It was a lovely event, kind of a send-off for me and Greg, and a celebration of the two-year anniversary of the Philadelphia School of Circus Arts. There was food, drink, and lots of awesome ambient entertainers!!



Best of all, the room was filled with people I love, friends new and old. And just to look around and see So Many People who I've reached in some way with circus arts, amazing!


When I trained at Circomedia, back in 1995-1996, it transformed my life. It gave me a sense of confidence, passion for life, and focused energy that I had never had before. I still feel all of those things, fifteen years later. Nothing could be more fulfilling than to give other people that same opportunity.


And here is a fun photo to end this post with - me, with Robin and Kitsie, the two utterly amazing individuals who are keeping this grand dream going. They presented me with two gifts - from the students, a Kindle!! OMG! and from the staff, gift cards for a Running Watch!! which I've been drooling and daydreaming over for most of the last year. I can't wait to get it and put it to use.

Thank you, everyone, for all of the help, and all of the love, sending us off on our circus journey.

1 comment:

  1. Great recent posts - making me tear up!!! It is so sad to come to the end of one thing and begin another.... we will keep in touch no matter where you wander! LOVE YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete