Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A few good days

My mood has perked up considerably in the last few days.

Sunday - morning Boot Camp, then Mom & Dad arrived, Baz befriended Igor on the playground, and we went to watch Totem from backstage.

Monday - ran 7 miles, Mom took me grocery shopping, in the afternoon a bunch of Cirque people came over for the afternoon to play soccer, go to the pool, and barbeque in our backyard. In the evening Greg and I finally got out for dinner on our own, Indian!

Today - yoga class ($5, at the Hilton with Cirque employees), and exploring the Citadelle with the whole family. Here we are listening to a tour guide, and a view of Quebec from the top of the Citadelle.



In amidst all of this, I made some good connections with some of the other wives on tour. Several are helping me learn Russian. One is training aerials and invited me to practice with her. And with another, I've set up an exchange - she's going to teach me private Pilates lessons and I'll teach her aerials. We OK'd this with the Head Coach, so now I just have to find time to go down to the tent and hang up a rope.

Happy times!

3 comments:

  1. sounds great! glad to hear you are making connections. Fun to see that there is a Citadelle in Quebec - one in Besancon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought about the discombobulation aspect of traveling with kids...it's good that you've started to sort out getting what you need so that even moving you've got regular stuff/relationships going on. and there you are bartering - it's so you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I was not that impressed with the Citadelle here. It was built in the mid-1800s as a defense against possible attacks by the Americans. And it was never used!
    ...re: barter, yes! although it's still just in theory right now.

    ReplyDelete