Saturday, November 27, 2010

Uneventful

I wish I had more to write about this week, but the truth is, it's been a pretty slow few days.
Not a whole lot going on.
(which you know, is never a happy place for me to be.)

The high points of my week so far have been:
- working at the Cirque du Monde event on Thursday - a welcome chance to flex my teaching muscles, putting Dutch children on a trapeze
- good conversation / bonding with a couple of the Russians on site, as they help me grapple with the language
- Christmas shopping
- today we had the first snow of the season

In the meantime, I've been knitting, and reading. Isa has projects too - she works on her alphabet, and going to the potty all by herself, and picking out her own clothes, and coloring, and organizing her dolls. Today we spent an hour in the library, each of us lost in our own books. I felt like we could have stayed there all afternoon, if laundry and lunch and errands weren't calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment