Saturday, February 26, 2011

Philadelphia

Three days in Philadelphia passed by in a blur. Some people I was thrilled to be able to spend time with:

The Kennedy-Lange family (Greg's sister, her husband & kids), The Gialdo family, The Dhondt family, Cindy Eddy, Eric Belcher, Robin Marcotte, Kitsie Lundell, Kyle Driggs, David Smith.
...and there were numerous others who I was able to see more briefly, with hugs and conversations and hopes for more time in the next visit. I spent a good amount of time at my beloved Philadelphia School of Circus Arts, talking with the staff and observing classes and practices.

I have to admit, though, that I found this visit to the circus school more painful than last time. There was an intense familiarity, and a strong sense of "why am I not here?!" ...As much as I am enjoying the traveling adventures with Cirque du Soleil, PSCA feels like my home, like another baby, and I miss it terribly.

And of course I miss our Philadelphia friends. Here's a video of some silliness during our playdate with the Dhondts. They have three kids, ages 9, 8, and 5, so when we get them all together it can be pretty entertaining.


video

1 comment:

  1. I love the circus Dhonnedy! It was so great to see you all.

    ReplyDelete