Monday, April 18, 2011

Philadelphia love

What a great couple of past days spent in Philadelphia. I saw two more outstanding performances of the Green Fairy Cabaret, watched flying trapeze, hung out with my sister-in-law and her family, had a nice dinner date with Robin, a valuable meeting with one of my Advisory Board members, a trip to the National Constitution Center, and a visit with the Sell family.

Whenever I'm in Philadelphia, I remember how much I love this city. I walk around basking in the streets and buildings and people and shops. The familiarity of it is addictively wonderful... I have so much of a past here, the city where my entire adult life has taken shape. Sharing it with my kids brings me a lot of joy! Here is City Hall on a beautiful blue-sky morning.

So far, the more I travel, the more I love and appreciate Philly.

A quote from a book I'm reading, Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese: "[Isn't] that the definition of home? Not where you're from, but where you're wanted?"

No comments:

Post a Comment