Monday, July 1, 2013

Seeing some of Philly at last!

We finally have a few days to take in some of Philly's marvelousness.  Yesterday was Independence Hall, the National Liberty Museum (a ridiculous waste of money), and the awesome highlight, Philadelphia's Magic Gardens.  We intended to do the Super Scooper Ice Cream Festival, but we were deterred by the rain.




















Today the kids did a thorough exploration of the Franklin Institute, including the special SPY exhibition, which was excellent.  The Laser Maze will hold a special place in our memories.

And we were able to share the science museum day with our Buiniakov friends, always a pleasure.  Except when Nastia asked me to interpret a speaker's presentation on carbon molecules - my Russian is simply not that capable.  I'm not sure my English is that capable!

I love this city so, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment