Thursday, December 19, 2013

December

This month is kind of wearing me down.  I injured my back after a yoga class; I was incapacitated for several days, and I'm still not quite back to 100%.  Then, last week, we got lice!!  ... well, really only Isa got lice, and it was thankfully only a few bugs, but an apocalyptic head-toxing and deep-cleaning of our whole family and apartment still took place.  One other child at the school got it, and so the Cirque site also had to tackle some extra preventative cleaning measures.  

In addition to our usual weekday scrambling of school, homework, and extra-curriculars, the kids and I decided to do handmade crafts for Christmas gifts.  We are elves.  (or sweatshop workers, it's beginning to feel like)

We've still managed to do the Christmas shopping, the shipping of packages, buying a tree (expensive here in OC, $57 for a fairly small one) and rehearsing Christmas songs and dances for next week's party.

And of course there are all the regular things we are still doing - weekly library trips, English lessons, circus school visits, bike rides, PSCA conference calls, circus classes.  Life is ever busy, which is how I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment