Saturday, January 18, 2014

Wow, Santa Monica!


I don't think any of us knew what was in store for us here in Santa Monica, despite my friends' posting photos like this ---> 
on their Facebook pages.  Eh, I've seen a lot of pretty places on this tour.  But the sunshine and beauty of this one has kind of bowled me over.  Maybe it's the contrast, after spending a few weeks on the wintry East Coast?  All I know is, it's glorious here, and we're going to have a great couple of months.
The kids are swimming again.
School recess, and phys ed, are on the beach next to the tent. 
The bike paths stretch along the beach and inland for miles in every direction.
The school kids are loving it here - that's Sophia in the middle, with the 9 smaller ones.
And this is just our first week!  There has been rollerskating in the hallways, shopping at fresh organic food stores, and time in the beautiful gym downstairs.  It's going to be a memorable chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment